Honda Car Maintenance
What is the B Service?
First, it is important to know what the Honda Maintenance Minder Code is. Basically, the maintenance minder is the built-in system or onboard computer that displays engine oil life to let the owner know when it is time to have the engine oil replaced and regular engine maintenance done. It is built-in technology to Honda and Acura vehicles that determines that your auto has reached 15% of the remaining time before maintenance is due and diagnoses when your Honda or Acura vehicle needs to have service from a Honda service mechanic in Winnipeg.
These maintenance codes are displayed on the dashboard of your Honda vehicle and usually the indicator displays “service due soon” along with a letter, either “A” or “B”. The “A” indicator means a regular engine oil change is required, while the “B” requires a lot more work and this is when a B service is most needed. The Honda Maintenance Minder is not just an “oil change” indicator and makes recommendations for the entire vehicle’s maintenance. The purpose of a B service is to satisfy all the needs of your car, as well as keep it healthy and functioning. Here is what the B service covers and its importance:
- Engine Oil Replacement: The main purpose of engine oil is to lubricate all moving components in the engine and keep it running smoothly. If not maintained regularly, the engine may start to build up black sludge which can heavily impact the performance of a vehicle and shorten its life span and the use of synthetic oil as Urban Garage uses will not extend the oil change interval.
- Oil Filter Replacement: Oil filters must be regularly changed to help with the flow of oil in the engine, and without its maintenance, it could lead to engine failure. In Winnipeg, the winter season and its extreme temperatures could cause the engine to work a lot harder, and when it is not properly maintained, you could potentially find yourself stuck on the road in a cold Manitoba winter.
- Front and Rear Brake Inspection: The brakes on cars are one of the key things that are required to be maintained. Extra damage to other parts such as the rotor could be caused by the brakes if not maintained. The vehicle will be more prone to accidents and cause trauma to the vehicle, and a lot more damage to your budget than spending on new brake pads and getting them installed.
- Parking Brake Adjustments Checks: The performance of a parking brake is critical for the safety of the car user and of the passengers. It is important to adjust the parking brake as the cables are used to transmit lever movement and can get easily worn out as the car ages. Another reason why a parking brake adjustment may be needed is if the brake no longer has the grip that it used to have.
- More inspections:
- Tie rod ends, steering gearbox, and boots
- Suspension components
- Brake hoses and lines (including ABS)
- All fluid levels and conditions of fluids
- Exhaust system
- Fuel lines and connections
Remember to regularly check your Honda’s oil level as the Honda Maintenance Minder system cannot sense oil levels and keep in mind oil may discolour under normal conditions. Always rest assured that the mechanics at Urban Garage will reset the Honda Maintenance Minder light once all the recommended maintenance has been completed.
Where should you go to get your Honda B service?
Only from your trusted mechanic like Urban Garage!! We offer B service for a great price and it is possible other auto repair centers may offer it at a lower price, but they will never compare to the knowledge and experience of our Honda mechanics. A common misconception is that a B service is a just $200 oil change, but it is clearly more than your regular oil change. Not only will it save you a lot of money in the long run, but it will also keep you, your passengers, and the car safe which is the most important.